Hi and welcome to my weekly check in 🙂

Figured I share some of the highlights of this past week and weekend.

Monday and Tuesday must have been fairly uneventful because I have no photos from the day :). Wednesday felt like a Spring day with temps reaching 63 so of course I took Duncan to the park.

Duncan and the sunshine but winter storm approaching

Duncan and the sunshine

I went on another night hike as it’s now become my routine Wednesday night. We covered about 4 1/2 miles in about an hour and a half. But lots of elevation!

Thursday we had a snow storm. I slept over Mr. SOTSS’ the night before so we could ride out the storm together which really means take the dogs for some snow fun.

Lots of snow can't distract Chester from wanting to play with his ball

Lots of snow can’t distract Chester from wanting to play with his ball

I love this picture!

I love this picture!

oops blinked!

oops blinked!

The repercussions of snowplay

The repercussions of snowplay

My view at sunset after the snow storm with an almost full moon

My view at sunset after the snow storm with an almost full moon

Friday I weighed in and saw that I’ve now lost 6 pounds since the new year! That was so exciting. I’m back to pre-holidays weight. HA! And then at night was my friend Lisa’s 40th birthday bash. Mr. SOTSS and I hardly have the opportunity to spruce up so I made him take a “quick” photo at the house with my phone camera’s self-timer. It took quite a while to finally work and the outtakes are hysterical.

outtake #1

outtake #1

Outtake #2....I was getting frustrated!

Outtake #2….I was getting frustrated with the timer camera app which was mis-behaving

laughing at how the whole thing was going.

Outtake #2 laughing at how this whole thing was going.

finally!

finally!

I pulled out this vintage purse that was my grandma’s. IMG_9230It’s from the 30s or 40s and I just love it. It’s velvet and I can just envision my grandma wearing it. The party was awesome and in addition to dancing a lot I had some delicious sweets too.

cake, a donut AND ice cream sundae. Oh yeah!

cake, a donut AND ice cream sundae. Oh yeah!

I'm actually on the dance floor!

I’m actually on the dance floor!

photobooth fun

photobooth fun

Me and the birthday girl!

Me and the birthday girl!

Me and my fayyyyvorite guy

Me and my fayyyyvorite guy

We got home well after midnight and by the time I finally fell asleep it was probably 2am.

Saturday morning I was out the door by 9:15 to head to the Valentine’s trail 5k I had signed up for. This was the 2nd in the triple crown series so after completing the race I got the second interlocking medal!

Valentine's 5k

Valentine’s 5k

One more in April and I’ll have the final interlocking medal. About 80 percent of the course was snow and ice covered and the other 20 percent was on the roads that had been salted so I knew I was going to be slow.

oh please feet don't fail me now

oh please feet don’t fail me now

waiting to start

waiting to start

There's the finish line

There’s the finish line

I ended up running with a lovely woman I met who just started running this past September with a couch-to-5k program. IMG_9261She was happy to have someone to run with and I enjoyed listening to her story of how she got started running and and she’s lost close to 30 pounds already with the combination of running and Weight Watchers. We weren’t last but we were definitely in the back of the pack 😉 I was just happy to finish upright! My hamstrings were a bit irritated during the run but I seemed to recover well. Good thing because I’ll be running a 10k trail run next weekend.

Today was a long walk in the pouring rain with the dogs, errands and then me getting a slight fever and feeling crappy. So I’m on the sofa now trying to rest up so I can make it through the Grammy’s.

let's just get this overwith

let’s just get this overwith

ugh!

ugh!

I want to go inside

I want to go inside

Not happy

Not happy

These two clowns appear on my camera roll just a little too much.IMG_9227 IMG_9211

And one more cute dog pic to wrap this post up….

FullSizeRender 10

Do you dance at parties or are you a wallflower? I’m usually a wallflower but I couldn’t resist Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer”.

Do you run any trail races? 

 

 

4 Comments

  1. I used to be a wallflower but I’m slowly becoming a dancer and having so much fun doing it!
    I love the outtake photos and you two look like you’re having a blast! Also, the pups pics melt my heart! Pups are the best!

  2. We got a few snowstorms over the weekend too – several feet worth of accumulation! Also, congrats on the weight loss!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *