So I closed on my mortgage refinance this morning and then, to celebrate finally completing that “task” that’s been on my to-do list since 2012, I took the pretty bike for another spin, this time around my hood.
I completed 8 miles in just about an hour.
It was much hillier than my last ride at the beach. And there were lots of traffic lights that I had to stop at. But I really enjoyed feeling the muscles in my body working and I actually was giddy to feel myself huffing and puffing up hills. I know I’ve lost a good amount of fitness this past month and I am getting excited to gain some of it back. It’ll make things easier when I’m finally cleared to run again.
In the meantime, I’ve made some realizations when it comes to biking:
1. I cannot believe how weak my core is.
2. I find that I carry tension in my neck and shoulders while riding. Not sure if I’m leaning forward too much or if it’s just that my body is not used to holding on to handlebars for so long.
3. I don’t need to wear a sports bra which means they’ll get worn less and ultimately last longer meaning I save money. Cha Ching!
4. Ditto for my running sneakers! Double Cha Ching!
5. I found a new “cheeky” place to apply anti chafe balm =)
6. My neighborhood isn’t the best place to ride lately. Street resurfacing is in full effect!
7. I sweat a lot less
8. The breeze feels AWESOME
9. My eyes tear and that’s even with sunglasses
10. Hills that seemed SO steep and long when running are actually not bad when biking. I actually kind of look forward to the uphills!
After feeling the exercise endorphins kick in I decided to dust off my Wii Fit! I was curious how long it had been since I last used it.
Hello! 1570 day? That’s like 4 1/2 YEARS! Oops, my bad! Apparently I weighed about 137 pounds and had a “normal” BMI in 2010. And actually I was right about that in March of this year but today I weighed in around 145 and it said i am “overweight” :(. I take that with a grain of salt but regardless I decided to set a goal to lose 9 pounds in 6 months. I did some strength and balance moves and even some yoga poses. Just 10 minutes! I’m going to commit to doing 10-20 minutes 3x a week.
The doodle went to the groomer for his summer cut.
And now I’m sitting on the sofa thinking I actually want to go for another bike ride! It’s the most perfect weather here today and I want to maximize my day off to the fullest. But reality is telling me I better head to the grocery store. Alright! Alright! =)
So what’s the weather like where you live? It was 60s and sunny all day here. AHHHH! My favorite.